Reflections of a Texas Law Man

I don't claim to be a great legal philosopher, or even a half-ass one at that, but I do believe in the law and what it represents. I believe that so long as criminals perpetuate crimes against innocent victims, then I have a job to do and I'm going to do it.

03 January 2007

Startin Out New

My apologies for not posting in a while. Things tend to get a bit hairy around here at the end of the year what with annual crime statistic reports and such. But that kind of thing comes with the territory and I actually enjoy doing it. It's a good gauge of where we're at and gives me a little insight as to where I want us to be as a law enforcement department. It's also a good way to get a good dose of affirmation for me to keep doing the job despite the constant blood, sweat, and tears that it wrings out of a body.

I'm feeling good about the potential for 2007. I can look over the past couple of years and see where improvement and changes are needed, both personally and professionally. I try to remember all the blessings I have in my life every day but the New Year is always especially poignant for me. Things I don't have or things I'd like to have, whether tangible or intangible, don't seem to account for much. But what I have been blessed with seems to be even more so.

So Happy New Year, my fellow bloggers. May the new year bring you all you have hoped for and may you be blessed with health, happiness, and prosperity!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Happy New Year to you too and stay safe out there.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home