Reflections of a Texas Law Man

I don't claim to be a great legal philosopher, or even a half-ass one at that, but I do believe in the law and what it represents. I believe that so long as criminals perpetuate crimes against innocent victims, then I have a job to do and I'm going to do it.

15 November 2006

If this doesn't make you sick . . .

One of my Officers arrested a female last night for UCW. She had been released from TDCJ on October 7. This woman had been convicted in 2003 for Capital Murder of a Peace Officer/Firefighter. That's less than 3 years in jail. She has a lengthy history for weapons violations and assaults. She told one of the jailers how she "gutted the guy like a fish." She never blinked an eye. Of course, I don't know the whole story. But she was convicted so the result was that she killed a fellow Officer. MAKES ME SICK!

Someone please show me a prosecutor with a set of balls, one that goes to court regardless. It's not about court costs, plea bargains, win/loss record, etc. It's about justice and in my mind you can't put a price on that!

Maximum Penalties . . . then serve them. If I'm on a jury and sentence some lowlife dirtbag to 15 years . . . I want the piece of crap to do 15 years! NOT ONE DAY LESS!

And don't even get me started on "good time," "back time,"etc. YOU'RE IN JAIL! YOU ACT GOOD! PERIOD! Quit "rewarding" people for doing what is expected (and in prison/jail - DEMANDED!)

Regards,
Texas Lawman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home