Reflections of a Texas Law Man

I don't claim to be a great legal philosopher, or even a half-ass one at that, but I do believe in the law and what it represents. I believe that so long as criminals perpetuate crimes against innocent victims, then I have a job to do and I'm going to do it.

15 November 2006

Shootin' From The Hip

First, let me say that I am a Republican.
I consider myself a "progressive conservative."
I believe that Court Ordered Rehab rarely works, it's a waste of time and resources.
I believe that we may want to take a better look at Socialized Health Coverage (what we have sucks).
I believe in the death penalty and I believe we need to use it MORE!
I am Pro-Choice.
I think that the government is way too involved in certain aspects of our lives (i.e., seatbelt laws for adults and helmet laws for adults). Seat belts do save lives and I wear mine. I don't need the government to force me to.
I pay my taxes and don't mind doing so. But use my money wisely and find other sources of income to avoid always raising my taxes.
Charity starts at home!
I have no problems with homosexuals but don't feel that they should be able to marry or adopt children. (Certain lifestyle decisions we make in life open some options, but close others.) I don't believe you "choose" to be gay, it's a gene that you are born with. You do, however, choose to act on those feelings. (I know I'll catch hell for this one, but it's just my opinion!)
I love professional sports but feel athletes are way overpaid.
Having to "press 1 for English" pisses me off.
Men who abuse woman and children are weak and deserve maximum punishment.
Child molesters should get the death penalty.
I believe if we pull out of Iraq too soon, we will be fighting them on US soil.
While I don't agree with George W. on every issue, I think he is doing an overall good job as President.
NAFTA made the drug trade even more lucrative and easier to get drugs across the borders.
I believe that 88% of all crime is committed by 12% of the population, so most of the people you meet are still basically good. However, the other 12% are stone cold losers and burdens on
society.
I love my mother but I'm not a mama's boy.
The way a man treats his mother is a good indicator as to the way he'll treat his wife.
I don't believe that you are a product of your environment (that's used as a crutch). I do believe, however, certain factors will cause you to have to work harder than other people. But it comes down to how bad you want something.
I think cafes that have an automatic gratuity charge are wrong. I tip according to the quality of the service I receive. That's my decision.
Automated phone services make me mad, especially if THEY call me. This is NOT customer service.
For the most part, a person is unemployed because they choose to be. (Exceptions are mentally ill and some physically impaired.)
It's too easy to get divorced. People have stopped trying to work through situations. Divorce is one of the first choices/options now days. Just check out the celebrities!
I will ALWAYS have a car payment but that is better than a repair bill.
I don't believe in luck. I believe that "luck" is where opportunity and preparation meet.
I think most criminals find religion in jail and lose it just as quick once they get out.
I think people can change if they really want to. But most people don't change or want to.
I think it's sad that neighbors don't go visit on Sundays like they did in my grandparents' day.
(Let's bring back "barn raisings" and "barn dances"!)
Kids are more obese than ever because of video games and too much fast food. Turn off the
games and go play outside. And eat a salad once in a while!
I like to cook. A lot of times men make better cooks because they cook according to their own tastes. Women tend to cook to please their men. Bring on the meat and 'taters!
Telling your wife she looks nice and you love her is a good thing, no matter how long you've been together.
It takes 10 minutes to pick out a nice card sometimes for her!
Don't EVER send flowers when you're in the dog house. (It takes away from the special times like Valentine's, Anniversary, Birthday, etc.)
Never say what you're thinking when you're mad without running it through your head once and reflecting, because once it's out, you can't take it back!

And finally . . . DON'T EVER GO TO BED MAD AT EACH OTHER. (Put it on the shelf and disagree tomorrow.)

Until Next Time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home